Now that you know the top three, here are some great extra benefits that come in pill form. Your body can benefit from different sources and you can reach optimum results with the following :
1. Omega 3 – 6 – 9: These are healthy essential mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids from flaxseed, evening primrose and borage oils … which provide copious amounts of the popular alpha and gamma linolenic acids plus, oleic acid. These can also come with flaxseed oil, Chia Oil and add even more benefits !
2. Resveratrol ( Red Wine Extract ) : Everybody knows how good a glass of Red Wine is for your heart and antioxidant health … But since I rarely drink a glass .. I take this pill instead. It's a bottle of Red Wine in a pill form!
3. Coconut Oil : The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc. I can't RAVE enough about this oil, but since it contains high calories and fat if used straight from a bottle … I use it within reason in pure form and then choose the liquid softgel for all the added benefits !
4. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is best known as a spice, sprinkled on toast and lattes. But extracts from the bark of the cinnamon tree have also been used traditionally as medicine throughout the world. It helps promote healthy glucose metabolism and some research has found that a particular type of cinnamon, cassia cinnamon, may lower blood sugar in people with diabetes.
5. Hair, Skin and Nails with MSM: Speaks for itself! But ok, just in case you're curious about what exactly MSM is … Officially MSM is Methylsulfonylmethane. Quite simply, MSM is a food that comes from the ocean, is water soluble, and is not a drug, or a food additive. MSM is the 3rd largest ingredient found in the human body. MSM is considered to be one of the safest substances in biology, similar in toxicity to water.
MSM and its related compounds are the source of 85 percent of the sulfur found in all living organisms. Many researchers believe that sulfur, is a sorely neglected mineral nutrient and plays an indispensable role in human nutrition. The benefits of this supplement are amazing and are used in many instances to help with the following :
- Muscle and bone problems
- Chronic pain
- Hay fever
- Stretch marks
- Eye swelling
- Dental disease
- Stomach upset
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Type 2 diabetes
If you take any medicines regularly, talk to your doctor before you start using any new supplements. They could interact with antibiotics, diabetes drugs, blood thinners, heart medicines, and others.